Friday, July 27, 2012

WOD - 7/28/12

8 minute AMRAP
10 jumping jacks
6 squats
Run 30 seconds

3-2-1-Go!


Remember, if you’re opting out of this workout to rest/recover, your next workout should be the WOD for the date you start back (i.e., don’t worry about making up this workout once you resume... rest assured, it, or something similar to it, will come back around).

We invite you all to post comments on this or any of the WODs. Note, you can't start new posts on this blog, but you can leave as many comments as you'd like. We do discourage participants from posting individual "scores," as that could be discouraging to others, but feel free to post things like "I just killed that workout!"... or perhaps, "That workout just killed me!"

Remember, you have continual access to the WMC-MISFIT blog and the WMC-MISFIT resource page (which includes videos and workout explanations).

6 comments:

  1. Is anyone else having a hard time keeping up with all the numbers? I had a hard time remembering what round I was on after counting the reps and running time.

    -Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very good question. It certainly can be tough to keep track of your reps and rounds, especially when you're working hard. One thing you could do is get a dry-erase board; you could write the workout on it, but also tally your rounds each time you complete one. There are also some smartphone apps that have timers and will allow you to track your rounds by tapping the screen. If you're working out outside or in a garage, you could even use sidewalk chalk (this from a parent of two young kids).

    Pls let us know what you decide to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Josh, I'll look into some smart phone apps. If that fails I'm going to try the sidewalk chalk :)

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Caroline! You can also get a notebook to track your progress. I carry my notebook with me to every workout and track rounds/reps and also record WOD times so that I can look back easily and compare my prior times (measuring progress this way is really rewarding!). Some people also use poker chips or rocks and just move them around to keep count of rounds.

    How are you liking the workouts so far?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jen, rocks might work better for me for the AMRAP, or maybe pennies. The workouts and I are having a love/hate relationship thus far, I'm sore!

    Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're awesome, Caroline! Glad you're loving it (I'll actively ignore the other "hate" part). Keep pushing! :)

    ReplyDelete